Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Top 10 Tuesday

Top 10 Reid-isms that Make Me Smile


10. Don't be shy.

9. Do you have a neck?

8. Nah,na,na,na,na,na,na, na, na, na, na, na, noh! (Staccato)

7. You better _______(fill in directive) or you'll be on the stairs

6. What is your favorite movie of all time?

5. Give me a hug, you big lug.

4. That deserves a reward.

3. We need a van-cation!

2. I'm ready for my movie pay-off

1. Have it all you want, sister!


In the privacy of our own home, they crack me up every time. Outside the home,
in the glaring public eye, a few may require explanation. How many times have I
wanted to respond with Mary Poppins' aplomb, "First of all, I would like to make
one thing quite clear. I never explain anything!"

Since all roads lead to (or from) movie talk, I ought to attribute #10 to Cassie in
Dragon Tales, # 1 to Travis in Old Yeller, #5 to Between the Lions,#4 to a teacher
at school and #7 to dear old mom and dad. Reid has appropriately transferred
them to multiple real life settings though, like when he shares a stick of gum with
Allie (#1), when cousin Will began to negotiate with his dad last summer on vacation
(#7), or when he clears the dishes after dinner (#4).

The boy has a way with words.

1 comment:

  1. MY personal favorite is #9... WHERE is that one from!?!?!

    :) miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete