Top 10 Best Words of Mothering Wisdom I've Received
10. Food works.
9. Keep a journal.
8. Designate a prayer "closet."
7. Listen to your gut.
6. Say "yes" as often as possible.
5.Study your children and you'll know them better than any specialist.
4. I hate to tell you this but, it gets worse.
3. Think of it as a marathon not a sprint.
2. When you want to get someone's attention, whisper.
1. It is more important where my kids are in 20,000 years than in 20.
I am not saying I actually heeded all of this good advice at every turn but, with the bit of hindsight I have, I would say these are the ten that still ring truest.
Each of them has a back story which I'll spare you in the interest of time. Or we could make a guessing game of it: which do you think came from our home program case manager shortly after diagnosis? Which from a fundamental Christian homeschooler? Which as advice for flying cross country alone with toddler twins? Which from another mother of twins when mine couldn't walk? Which from a perfume ad campaign?
Apply it as you may or laugh in acknowledgment.