Monday, April 7, 2014

Who here remembers Moses?

I once suggested we join a small group of elder statesmen in our church. Jim, not sure it was the right age classification, joked how it might go:

Who here remembers Moses? (all hands raised)

Hey, that guy owes me money.

Seriously though, what if you could interact with people who knew Moses--watched him grow up in Pharoah's court, knew of his speech impediment, were familiar with his big brother Aaron, saw him climb down the mount with the stone tablets, calmed him when his anger flared?

To me, that is the magic of studying the Bible: meeting real people in real situations and reading what the Lord did in their lives. "Remembering His deeds" in their lives opens up the possibilities for what He is doing in mine.

At different times in different studies, I have identified closely with the experiences of Esther, Jochebed, Hannah, Elizabeth, and Miriam. Their struggles aren't so different from mine; their God is the same powerful one I want to know.


I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. Psalm 77:10-12

1 comment:

  1. I often identify with Moses! Especially when confronted - then I go blank and the vocabulary escapes me. I wrote a post on my gratitude blog about verbals and scribblers. I'm a scribbler at heart, guess that's why I enjoy crafting so much!

    ReplyDelete