Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It's April and I'm not Blue

April to April. It was the working title for the book I thought I was writing before we received The Poppins Revelation. 

It's also a catch phrase in our family. We use it to express how far we've been delivered from a crisis in April of 2010. April marks a new year in the Hebrew calendar and commemorates God's deliverance of the Jewish people from slavery during Passover. In a pretty tangible way, we can relate; God delivered us from the bondage of autism (and more) during April. Every April we watch it come to more and more fruition.

April includes tax day....Jim's birthday...and Easter. It marks a full circle in our process of becoming rescued, redeemed, resurrected, re- people.

Thinking of April as Autism Awareness Month just pales in comparison.

Autism may be the presenting issue that takes me most often to the Lord. It might be one of the greatest challenges I have faced in life, but it isn't the only one, or the last one. And it surely doesn't have the last word.

Four years ago, I prepared daily posts during April. I had to abandon my post about day 13 when the proverbial #$%& hit the fan at our house. All that ensued is the subject of The Poppins Revelation book I am finishing. Through it, each member of our family was changed from the inside out. Frankly, autism is not the villain anymore. It was the vehicle.

This April I'd like to unpack one "Re-word" each day to remind us all that God's Word is the last word...on life, on autism, on cancer, on trials, on fear, on death. May it fall afresh on you...take root...and make all the difference.

Today's verse is a double portion: Review and Rewrote.


Every day I review the ways he works, I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I’m watching my step. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.  2 Samuel 22:20-22





1 comment:

  1. There are many children who suffer from the autism. There is a need to create awareness among people about this problem. Your post is a good step in this regard.

    ReplyDelete