Monday, June 2, 2008

Two Recitals, a Baptism, and a Graduation

Four Weddings and a Funeral had nothing on our weekend!

With my mom in tow from Florida, we followed a flow chart made in advance so everyone was without excuse when I said, "meet you in the car" yet again. We went from my daughter's 8th grade promotion Friday morning to two parties.  Woke up early Saturday for a packing meeting before her backpacking departure to Yellowstone then off to set up for Reid's baptism at the beach. That had to be the climax!  Saturday night Carla and her sister-in-law came over for her last supper before running the Rock 'n Roll Marathon which is in town.  Sunday was church for some and a dress rehearsal for Allie and Jim.  We reconvened for Reid's recital and then picked up a friend to hear Allie perform in the Youth Symphony at Copley Hall with us. Home for dinner, then one last stop at Sports Authority (8:54pm) for hiking gear and to bed with us.  My mom and Jim left on red-eye flights in there somewhere (I am not responsible for them).  Carla showed up Monday morning at 5:00AM to be home with Reid so I could give Allie a proper send-off at the airport with her school group....and be home to put Reid on the 7:30am bus.

Craziness?  Adrenaline rush? Special occasion mania! I was touched by so many individual moments in the 48 hour period, I've become numb. I have enough blog material for the next month...now I just need a full night's sleep.


Martha, Martha," the Lord answered, "you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41

When the queen of Sheba saw the wisdom of Solomon, as well as the palace he had built, the food on his table, the seating of his officials, the attending servants in their robes, the cupbearers in their robes and the burnt offerings he made at the temple of the LORD, she was overwhelmed.  2 Chronicles 9:3-5


I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety.  Psalm 4:7-8

No comments:

Post a Comment