Thursday, July 3, 2008

Made to Make Music

Here is yet another example of how much power music has to give hope, to provide opportunity, to build awareness, to demonstrate skill, to make you cry, to entertain, to enable communication, to enhance our understanding of others, to change the world.

David Militello sang Ben by the Jackson Five on America's Got Talent and won the hearts of the audience. I love the part when his mom shares what she is thinking; this is what he was made to do. Some call that destiny. The belief that we each have one inspired the formation of Children of Destiny and is laced through the books and resources they provide from daily prayer subscriptions to AutismOne Radio broadcasts on Sunday. What is it you were made to do?



The lyrics of that song are pretty poignant in themselves. I am enjoying a devotional from the library by Ann Spangler, Praying the Names of Jesus. In it she devotes one week to meditating on Jesus as Friend. He is the one who lays down His life for a friend (John 15:13), who cares about the daily goings-on of his disciples and asks, "Friends, haven't you caught any fish?" (John 21:4-7), and who no longer calls us servants because "everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you." (John 15:14-16) You've got a friend in deed!


He who loves a pure heart and whose speech is gracious will have the king for his friend. Proverbs 22:10-12

Even now my witness is in heaven; my advocate is on high. My intercessor is my friend as my eyes pour out tears to God; on behalf of a man he pleads with God as a man pleads for his friend. Job 16:19-20


From the lips of children and infants, you have ordained praise ...Psalm 8:2

No comments:

Post a Comment