Friday, April 9, 2010

Authority to Overcome: Autism Awareness Month-Day 9

I have taken Reid for healing prayer many times: to individuals in our community, to the Healing Rooms (a powerful international ministry) as well as had intercessors come to the house multiple times since he was born. It is always fabulous. We come away changed by a beautiful visual image, or profound understanding of a verse or assurance of God's presence. Complete healing though, of the kind I am sure God is capable, has not yet happened. I also come away wanting more power or more results.

Who has the authority to do miracles even greater than those Jesus did? Just the professionals? The child's parents? An entire congregated body of Christ? Today's verse says, "those who have faith in me." Is that why I go to those who seem to have more faith than I or more experience or more exposure to the miraculous. Without fail, they are the ones who admonish us to be the very ones to appropriate more healing to Reid.

So continue the quiet, consistent, authoritative prayers of his parents late at night after he's asleep. Lord, I do believe, help me overcome my unbelief.

Francis MacNutt and Mark Geppert are two authors whose simple yet radical books on prayer rally my faith and give me resolve to carry on. Check them out.


April 9
Our Authority to Turn the Tide

“Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” (John 14:11-14, NIV)

“I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.”
(Luke 10:19, NIV)

Pray that we in the Body of Christ would understand the power we have in prayer and would use it to defeat autism.

Excerpted from Children of Destiny Turning the Tide! Prayer Thrust calendar here.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea,
    It's been awhile since I have commented on your blog. I just wanted to say I have loved your posts about Autism Awareness month and how it reveals your heart as a mother. Keep pressing on! You're in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,
    It's been awhile since I have commented on your blog. I just wanted to say I have loved your posts about Autism Awareness month and how it reveals your heart as a mother. Keep pressing on! You're in my prayers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayer as well: Lord, I believe, help my unbelief. "Faith sends expectant hope to look from Carmel's brow, and if nothing is beheld, she sends again and again." -Charles Spurgeon

    ReplyDelete