Wednesday, March 27, 2013

SongStream live stream of our story

Letting someone else tell your story requires trust.  We have done this several times, either to support a program we liked, plug The Kingsmen, or just amuse our neighbors.  This time is different.  We are 100% satisfied with the result!  Nothing was taken out of context or misconstrued; we weren't surprised by any hidden agenda; I don't feel the need to editorialize or correct.

Talia and Michael checking levels with Reid
The SongStream Project is a team of young visionaries creating intimate audio experiences to tell the songs behind a story and the stories behind a song. Their conviction is that music is a vehicle for building community.

"Voices of Autism" is their first broadcast.  In it they interview 4 young musicians on the autism spectrum and their families. What results are some common threads about the power of music, a desire to change the world, and the pure joy of embracing people for who they are.

You can stream or download the broadcast here on the Soundcloud audio player.

At their Catalysten launch party, Michael and Vanessa took me aback when they thanked me for trusting them with our story.  I thanked them for being trustworthy.  It was then I realized the contentment I had had listening to it. Their telling of our story--and the massive editing it required--was accurate. That's a first!
Attentive crowd at the Catalysten release party

"On the air"
It's been said that the most powerful thing you can do for another person is to listen. Just listen. In our living room, wired for sound, they gave us that gift. They listened intently.

And so did I, to my own husband.  I didn't expect to hear anything new but I did. He owned aspects of our journey and articulated truths I had not heard from his lips before.

And so, to quote Catherine de Hueck Doherty, "With the gift of listening comes the gift of healing."

Will you listen to it and tell me what it does for you?




Give ear and hear my voice, Listen and hear my words.  Isaiah 28:22-24 

“Are you listening to this? Really listening?”  Mark 4:8-10 







No comments:

Post a Comment